9 Jan 2010

I am a homeless chair. Love me!


A friend tweeted about this interesting experiment on boingboing.net and I happen to love it.

Last night I was reading about market-orientated innovation and business strategy for my design exams and it related well to the conversations the INCOs had with the people conducting the experiment. However, that is not what I want to talk about.

Why I think this experiment is interesting is because of the way we interact with products. More importantly, a product that is out of its natural surroundings. I saw this video last night and instantly thought to myself how different and sometimes weird objects look and seem once we take them out of their natural habitat: such as the razor and coffee mug on the rocky beach.


I think it is important that we do this though, because we are bound to view objects in a more creative way once we stop accepting them as they are and start challenging them. Because let's be honest, a lot of the products out there are not making much sense.

0 comments:

Post a Comment