30 Mar 2010

I was sitting under a tree and suddenly, an apple fell on my head

I never really understood what the Apple iPad was for. I didn't see a market for it. I have done many projects as a part of my college work and university course where I need to draw a visual representation of the target market - the user. Up until this morning, I failed to get beyond someone with more money than brains and an inherent need to buy gadgets he doesn't need.

But then I saw these:



I stumbled on the guided tours by accident doing my environmental analysis on Apple as a part of a project and all of a sudden, everything became clear to me. I do my share of flying and I find a laptop very annoying to use, whether it's blogging, watching a film, writing a review or catching up with some late work. Sitting down, moving a bit, sitting down again, having to pack up my macbook, take it out again and repeat these two actions about a gadzillion times en route to finally sitting down in the plane isn't exactly handy. So a working man on the move is exactly the person who needs this. I was especially fond of the idea of attaching a keyboard to the iPad for longer typing. We want the iPad to do more things that our macs or macbooks do. Don't try to give us too much at a time, Steve. In the old days, the nobility gave the peasantry an inch to prevent them from taking a mile. Don't force a mile down our throats, let us have our technological brilliance one inch at a time.

In the meantime, check out some of the apps that we most want to see on the iPad:










We as the apple community have spoken! Now give us our apps!

0 comments:

Post a Comment