9 Nov 2009

Are you serious?


Now, I saw this the other day and anyone who knows me knows that I'm all about pushing the boundaries with your design and innovating because let's be honest, what's the worst that can happen? You fail, the product goes to the crash-and-burn pile and in a month its forgotten, but other people may find inspiration from your work and once the boundaries have been pushed by such pioneer-ish products... Well, I guess it's a free ride for all! But come on, are you kidding me? THIS? The chair-butt-dress-balloon-thingy is just an innovative abortion. I do appreciate the thought of allowing natural action such as walking power other applications like the guy who designed the water carrier on wheels for third world countries. (When people in some african countries go to the river to bring drinking water that to be honest more resembles something from the sewer, the wheels on the bucket start a purifying function that provides fresh, clean water by the time the person gets back to the village) I think that is just a brilliant idea, but this... I mean, come on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment