8 Nov 2009

Do You know what?

I have realised over the years that I have a lot to say about a lot of things that I come across around myself. I tend to doubt or cherish their value in terms of design and choose to place them in boxes like "Doesn't deserve to exist" or "Want one, need one, couldn't live without one".

But enough of chit-chat. I want to start with this: the iPod shuffle.

Instantly a question arises in my mind - who in their right mind would buy one? If you haven't lost it within the first week, you will soon realise that the battery lasts about half a minute and trying to find a song that you want to listen to at that precise moment is more difficult than getting a penguin elected as the Prime Minister. Unless you memorise your entire iTunes library, you will never know what is playing, which may not be such a bad idea, but in my mind definitely proves a problem when listening to a brand new album.

And yet I put it the "Got one, because I adore it" box. It is brilliant when you go for a jog, this generation still looks like an iPod (which makes me smile inside) and it just feels like having a theme song to your day. I remember the adverts that told you to "wear music" and that's exactly what this is, its like a transparent product that in itself can only be described using words that should never see daylight and yet what it delivers is so much more. And thus I think its a brilliant little addition to the iPod range. It will leave people who are properly into their music hungry for more memory space and a screen to browse around with, but for someone who enjoys a little random music going round the place attending to their daily business, this is brilliant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment