25 Nov 2009

In the jungle, the mighty jungle...



Today I'm going to do a piece on something most of you who read this (if anyone does) have realized is one of my favourite things in the whole wide world - ANIMALS. And this is mainly just because of the shear stunning-ness of these photographs. (make sure you check the others out as well)

But also I want to express my genuine amazement at how well designed these creatures are. Animals are perfectly designed to do what they do: you don't ever see a penguin cough because water went down the wrong way. A spider creates the strongest natural fiber in the world and yes, here is where you are supposed to interrupt me and claim that "man can do better!" Well, no, we can't! We can make stuff that is stronger and "better" but my question is - at what cost? All the chemicals and raw materials and energy used to make something so small and so strong are just a ode to nature in the form of pure disturbing noise. A tiny spider does the same thing without leaving a single trace, let alone a footprint on momma-earth.

Oh my, we have a lot to learn!

0 comments:

Post a Comment