10 Jan 2010

DEX-tiles


Recently, mainly due to a friend and her obsession with weaving cling-film, I have become obsessed with textiles myself. And it has been with great joy that I feel a blindfold has been lifted from my slightly itchy nose.

I mean, I have always known the importance of great material selection but never have I looked at textiles the same way I do now. I guess it reassures me again that cross-discipline interaction can only benefit a designer.

I have been working on a project involving body sensing technology for athletes and have had first person encounters with the importance of textiles in terms of function. Even though I make it sound as if this is some sort of an alien, it happens to be a good alien, the A.I. type, or the slug from District 9 that wasn't evil. Sort of, happy alien.

Such as these: the tiles by Dex. They are happy and playful and warm. What else could you really ask from a tile? They are concrete and look as if they are woven, but to me they are made of awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment