3 Jan 2010

The Fruit of Knowledge and Wisdom

Right, so there have been so many rumors about the next Apple product and chances it being a tablet that I simply cannot overlook this any further and must say a few things. On any other day I would now go on to say how amazing it is and how much I want one. Well forget it.

I do not doubt this will be a success, since it is an Apple product and I have respect for companies that continually come out with well-selling products and have the creativity and knowledge to constantly re-innovate. However, I promise to send a congratulatory letter (e-mail) to the Apple R&D team if this turns out to be a success on the notorious iPod, iPhone scale. And this is why:

People do not want net-books that can just display pre-installed content such as a book. Bookworms do not know how to turn the device on and technogeeks will complain about the lack of just about any other function imaginable.

So what you can word-process stuff and even browse the web? (by God I hope you can browse, because if that is not possible, and I have heard rumors that it is not, the alleged iSlate will crash and burn faster than the Hindenburg, and that took what? 38 seconds? Nothing like some good old fashioned German efficiency) Where was I? So you can type a letter and read a book on it. Well done, Apple, well done indeed!

The reason iPhone is so successful is that you can do anything on it. You can tell your iPhone to drop your nan off to the bingo game on saturday night and guess what? - There is an app for that. It does your laundry for you and the latest model can even be used as a pickle jar opener. Apparently Apple have said that it will not be a keyboard-less laptop. At which point I set off on my quest for tissues to dry the tears on my cheeks. "Yet another recently departed Apple employee tipped me: "You will be very surprised how you interact with the new tablet." reports the NYT. Let's bloody well hope so, because things aren't looking too bright apart from the usual hype that arises every time Apple is making a launch.

Its about time the book-and-that-lot-made-of-trees-and-such-industy got a facelift and with the growing number of people reading news on iPhones and what-nots, I'm quite excited about what it can do in the newspaper-magazine department. Which, by the way, has been mentioned to be amazing on the tablet in more than one places. However, please-please, Apple, this is not the time to stop pushing the envelope. Make something that's capabilities will blow our minds and make us crave it like dogs crave a bit of leg. Please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment