21 Nov 2009

Days With My Dad

Once again I was on thecoolhunter.com and I found this. What really touched me was the simplicity of the things that Phillip Toledano said and how much they actually described his feelings for his dad.

The quality of the photographs is simply outstanding but not because they are visually overwhelming. It was the simplicity that took me. The photos of the smallest things he finds around the house - an empty chair, a notepad, scribbles. Its all about the huge amount of emotion that the plainest of photos convey.

At this point, you would expect me to say something along the lines of "i think we should try to integrate this idea in our designs". The truth is, I will say nothing because anything and everything I have already said ruins everything that the photos and words stood for. And for that I am truly sorry.

God bless you, Phillip and your parents in Paris.

0 comments:

Post a Comment