7 Feb 2010

One flew over the texture nest

I've been playing around with photoshop a lot recently (check out some of my work here) and naturally that involves working with textures.

Let's face it, there is nothing like finding a gorgeous texture of some old piece of paper on the internet and sticking it behind your work with a subtle overlay blending option. Honestly, there isn't. But once I saw this, I instantly realized how empty and meaningless my surroundings are. I'm starting to feel more and more like an occupant at a mental institution with white walls around me. Funnily enough, I do not live in a mental institution and this just makes me want to change my surroundings regardless of the fact that white surfaces are like canvasses and do not interfere with our inspirational flow.

I am not crazy! Am I?

0 comments:

Post a Comment